Data processing 2
Data processing 2: Experimental speckle images (duration : 4h30)
- Process experimental images: determine subset size, step and strain window size
- Work out displacement map for two static images of the dogbone specimen, plot obtained strain standard deviation as a function of subset size.
- Estimate artificial out-of-plane strain fields by processing the translated images, plot obtained strain standard deviation as a function of strain window size.
- Compare with simulated images results and exact (closed-form) solutions for the disc
- Extract Young’s modulus, Poisson coefficient and yield stress for dogbone
- Participants know how to process experimental images in a DIC system and are familiar with concepts as subset size, step size and strain window size.
- Participants are familiar with extracting information from the obtained displacement and strain field data.