Lab Session A
Lab session A
Part I: Camera set-up and imaging (duration:1h30)
- Set-up camera and get familiar with concepts like field of view, depth of field, object distance, resolution , ...
- Understand relationship between object distance and magnification for fixed focal length.
- Understand relationship between lighting, aperture and exposure time.
- Understand relationship between magnification and aliasing. Impact of image prefiltering.
- Record images for different configurations. Draw histograms. Evaluate sensor noise.
- Make report.
- The trainee is able to prepare a DIC experiment with care by selecting the appropriate combination of camera, lenses, light, spatial resolution and gets familiar with aliasing problems.
Part II: Speckle pattern generation and specimen preparation (duration:1h)
- acquire some basic skills for pattern generation by spray painting
- explore the possibilities of bonded paper with printed patterns.
- practicing with silk printing, air brushing, ...
- The trainee knows how to attach a good speckle pattern