Lecture 6: Model Validation (duration:1h30)
- Get the trainee familiar with synthetic image deformation and how this helps to validate numerical models
- Pitfalls in model validation by DIC
- The alignment problem
- The location issue
- Which regularization parameters to select in order to validate my model?
- Principles of synthetic image generation
- Model validation: a stereo perspective
- The trainee has basic knowledge on possible pitfalls in model validation and how to interpret the model-measurement different regularization works.